The Loss Prevention Research Council (LPRC) was commissioned by InVue to run research on the T1000, in September and October 2017.
The research took place in two stores on Gainesville, Florida and was conducted with wet razor handles and printer ink cartridges, two high loss items.
Below are two of the key findings of this research:
T1000 Minimises theft:
Out of the shoptlifters interviewed during the research:
- 57% understood the mechanism (increase time), while 43% didn’t.
- 64% wouldn’t steal an item protected by T1000, while 36% would.
“They draw a lot of attention. Make a lot of noise. It’s a lot of noise involved. A lot of standing.”
“‘Too much time involved.Too much time. It looks like it makes noise. Draws attention.”
T1000 Increases Sales:
There was a strong sales increase in both Shave and Ink categories from the pre-test period to the test period.
The easy to use push button creates the best customer experience, and the time-delayed release prevents sweeping theft.
T1000 is a single position dispenser. Rather than committing to an expensive shelf segment, the small footprint maximizes display space.
- Simple push of a button dispenses one package
- Five second time delay deters thieves
- Individual merchandise positions increases anti-sweep security
- Integrated price tag for a simple and clean display
- No proprietary key needed for installation
- Interchangeable coil let you maximise merchandising space for different sized packaging
- Interchangeable rod allows you to leverage the same dispenser on multiple displays